Blood sugar levels are of utmost importance for a diabetic; they must be kept in control and within normal limits. A diabetic person has to keep a control over what he/she is eating or will eat, because each and every food that you take affects your body and blood glucose levels. It is always recommended to keep a check on your blood sugar levels to control your diabetes. Medicines prove to be helpful, but are habit-forming and expensive. In this scenario, home remedies prove to be best resort you can switch to. These remedies are effective and inexpensive. Let us check out 10 best home remedies you can resort to in order to control your diabetes.
1. Regular intake of asparagus keeps your diabetes under control. Asparagus contains only 5 grams of carbohydrates and is a rich source of fiber along with vitamin C and B folate.
2. Daily consumption of blueberries helps to keep a check on your diabetes. It is because of the fact that blueberries are rich source of vitamin C, fiber, and flavanoids. It is also an excellent antioxidant and strengthens the immune system.
3. Red grapefruit is a vitamin C rich food and keeps your blood glucose levels within normal limits. It can be consumed in salad or in juice form.
4. Different types of beans contain every nutrient and mineral you name. Regular intake of beans in diet helps in keeping a check on blood glucose levels, and thus controls ill effects of diabetes.
5. Broccoli is the food which is rich in vitamin C and A. It helps lower the high blood sugar levels and also helps in curing the injuries or wounds that heal quite late in a diabetic patient.
6. Eating fish is extremely beneficial for people with diabetes. It is because fish is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Fish can be included in your regular diet.
7. Regular consumption of cranberries helps to keep diabetes under check because of its disease-combating antioxidant properties. It also strengthens the immune system. It is also a rich source of vitamin C.
8. Eating apple skin or apples with skin proves to be beneficial for patient suffering from diabetes.
9. Regular intake of watermelons keeps diabetes under control, because of high fiber content and vitamin C.
10. Diabetic patients are recommended to eat one bowl of oatmeal daily for regular period of time.